Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween

The afternoon ladies got together today to continue work on our baby clothes and some little gifts for their moms too. Elaine continued to work on her baby hat and Barbara on her blanket.
 She doesn't have too much more to knit.
 Debbie finished a pair of baby mittens. It's good to see they don't have thumbs because those of us who have ever tried putting chubby little fingers into mittens or gloves know how hard it is to manage.
 Debbie worked on two at a time boot cuffs, using up some yarn scraps. Nothing goes to waste!
 I finished the little cardigan I worked on last week and added a cute little faux cabled hat to match. It's still a bit damp from it's blocking bath. All it needs now is a special button.
 
 My next project will be Dexter, a sweet little vest for a sweet little boy. 
 I was knitting without a row counter and I think I might have to frog a few rows. It looks like my ribbing is too deep.
But that's the great thing about knitting! Unlike sewing, when you've cut the fabric you're commited, knitting allows mistakes to be frogged out and redone.

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and spooky Halloween!

No comments: