Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Sweaters!

We'll start off this week's episode of Chicks with Sticks with a little Show and Tell. Cinzia brought her finished baby cardigan with its cute little lace pattern. That's going to look so sweet on a chubby toddler.
 Liz left off a baby cardigan which needed only a button. I went diving into my late grandmother's button box and came out with a blossom of a button which fit perfectly.
Last week I showed you this sweater as it was blocking and said all it needed was a button.
 With a little more digging into the box I came up with a perfect one.
 Elaine finished one set of I-cord ties for her baby kimono and will get to the other one next week.
 Cinzia's daughter, Elena, came to visit us on her day off from school and picked out a pretty, soft, red yarn for a crocheted scarf, the pattern for which she is making up as she goes along. Such talent!
 Carole cast on stitches tonight for a little rolled edge cap.
 She's using Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, a blend of wool, cashmere, and acrylic blend. It is so soft AND machine washable!!!
 Maureen's blanket is coming along nicely. The pastel yellow will make it a good gender neutral accessory.
 Dorah knitted past the sleeve stitches on her little pullover and is well on her way to finishing the body of the sweater.
 I finished the front of my Dexter vest and the knitting goes down the back now. 
This is a cute and quick knit for a boy, something which I find hard to feel inspired but this pattern is satisfying my need to hurry up and finish.  It should be ready for blocking soon and then I'll show you the finished vest next week. Until then, keep those needles clicking!

No comments: