Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Busy knitting needles

Two more items went into inventory this week. This mischievous little kitty started out like a toe-up sock and with strategically placed decreases and increases suddenly became a cat. His eyes and nose are embroidered with sock yarn so there are no plastic pieces to choke little ones.
 And I finished off my circular blankie with a ruffle and reverse single crochet to give it a picot edge.
 Barbara worked on her baby blanket and we checked online for the translation of the label (the information was in Italian) and found out it is machine washable wool! WooHoo!
 Debbie worked on a top down sweet little dress.
 And Elaine's hat grew only a little because she had to frog back and start over.
 I decided to make another animal and found a pattern for a charming octopus. I read about these toys being given to preemies and for some reason they love them. Two legs done, six more to go.
 Carole's top-down pullover is now to the underarms so she can knit the whole thing in the round without stopping to make the button placket. It will go much faster now.
 Maureen's blanket is a few inches larger this week.
 And Margaret's top-down sweater is showing progress.
 We'll have to wait to see if it really takes only 5 hours to knit.
Last week my husband and I went to the New York Botanical Gardens to see the Chihuly exhibit before it ends on October 29. His work is stunning! This was my favorite in the collection.
 The pieces look like they could float away. Their grace and beauty mystify me.
 And they compliment the greenery so well.
 They look so natural among the growing plants.
 And add to the tranquility of the place.
 At the end of the day I stopped in at the gift shop just to look around and noticed I could have brought home a souvenir of my day, if it hadn't been for the $8,100 price tag!!!
I'll just take the photo and admire that! Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: