Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Friday, March 4, 2011

It's almost spring! Well, inside my house anyway...

At the end of a very long and snowy winter the thing I love most is seeing my orchids burst into a profusion of blossoms.
I think that is the reason I really don't mind winter in upstate New York.
I know I'll be enjoying the colorful and delicate blooms even before anything outside turns green.
And they will last for a couple of months at least.

By then I'll be noticing new sprouts outside too. So to perk up your end of season angst, enjoy my beautiful orchids and know that spring will follow soon.
Oh! And just to keep it knitting related, I finished the Flickering Ruffle Scarf (free pattern found here...http://andra-asars.com/free_patterns/flickering_ruffle_pat.htm). I tweeked it a little by using a lighter weight yarn and smaller needle size and making it larger than the pattern required. Using Mirasol Chirapa 100% merino yarn, it took 9 skeins at 165 yards per skein and measures approximately 60" X 18".
On to the next project, an Elizabeth Zimmerman rib warmer to donate to Afghans for Afghanistan.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Your orchids are definitely just as beautiful as the ones in the botanical gardens!