Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Some FO's for the inventory

We'll start off this week with some FO's (finished objects). Maureen brought in her Bankhead Hat for which she used a Malabrigo DK weight yarn. 
I found an unidentified yarn in the stash to make some small mittens. I'll do a burn test later to see if it's wool or acrylic. If you here the fire sirens, you'll know it didn't end well. LOL!
Cinzia made a zig zag scarf with an acrylic bulky weight yarn that self stripes.
Maureen started a new project using sock weight yarn to make the Easy Shawl. This is the pattern that lets you knit increasing to the halfway point of your supply of yarn and then you decrease and pick up stitches to to end of the supply of yarn, making the stripes perpendicular to the beginning stitches.
I'm making the same exact pattern but with a slower color changing yarn so it shows stripes instead of texture. It's funny how you can knit the exact same pattern with two different yarns and have two different looking FO's.
That's what I love about knitting. You can be so creative and not feel like you're copying someone else's work. 
Well, I have to end here as I'm trying a new to me recipe for dinner and need time to improvise. Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!
 

No comments: