Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Protected from the raindrops

Dorah, Barbara K., and Liz, in that order, joined me on the deck today. There was a slight drizzle, just enough to change the humidity in the air. But with the overhead fan going, it was still a pleasant afternoon.
Barbara found an ombre yarn in her stash and decided she needed a new golf club cover.
She progressed quite a bit in the two hours of knitting with the Chicks.
Liz had planned to knit the Beach Pebbles Cowl from my pattern but it was proving stubborn to work. It turns out the culprit was her needles! Those wooden needles with very blunt tips are a bugger to knit with acrylic yarn! The yarn was splitting and difficult to knit two together. For something like what she was knitting, a good pointy metal needle will make the knitting easy on your hands and your heart. All along she thought it was her lack of skills that made it difficult. Glad I could clear that one up for her.
Dorah reached the length in her hat where she can begin the decreasing to close the top. And if it seems to be a bit long, then it's a slouchy hat!
My Martina Behm "Easy" shawl is in the final rows. Another couple of hours of knitting and it should be complete. I love how the stripes run perpendicular to each other.

I just had to throw in a picture of my Fozzie. It cracks me up that he sleeps with his tongue sticking out.
And he is such a good kitty. He never touches my knitting. 
Mostly because he's always either sleeping or eating! LOL!
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: