Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Our Snowbird is back!

If you look at the second person in from the right you'll see Liz is back from her winter residence. She had a productive winter of knitting which I'll show you later in the post.
I'm on a roll with this basket weave pattern and will be finishing up this cowl in another day or so. This is yarn from my daughter who gave me her whole stash because she doesn't have time to knit and didn't want the beautiful yarns to go to waste. This is the last bit of this pretty pastel green.
Margaret is back from walking in the annual Freihofer's Run for Women which she walked with her 80 year old mother. She is back on track with the scarf she was knitting a while back.

                                           

Janna made some progress on her hat. You can see where she placed ring markers to bookmark the spots where she will be decreasing stitches to close the top of the hat.

Dorah's hat is almost to the same place where she'll be decreasing soon.
Carole started the Waffle Hat with a pretty blue yarn. This is the worsted weight yarn version but there is a pattern to make it with DK weight yarn too.
I think this is Liz's favorite pattern, The Mistake Stitch Scarf. It's a pattern which is easy to memorize and makes a thick, warm fabric.
Jan A. has come a long way on her Exordium Shawl. The neutral pallette is very calming.
As I promised earlier, this is what Liz completed over the winter while she soaked up the Florida sun. There's a cowl on the left, another Mistake Stitch Scarf at the bottom, a long triangular denim colored shawl, and some sweet baby items.
Last night I finished the second Heddle Shawl using more yarn from my daughter's gift of yarn. I am going to keep this one since I have a winter sweater which I think will go perfectly with it. I have plenty of yarn to make another when I feel inspired.
I had to make a trip to the Ocean State Job Lots store in Westgate Shopping Center in Albany and while there I saw they had those spongy, interlocking, floor mats which are perfect for blocking and pinning knits. So if you're in the market for blocking mats these were only $12.00 for a package. I forgot to see how many were in the package but I think it was at least 4 mats.
 A hummingbird visited the front bushes last week so it's time to get the feeders out of winter storage and put them out. I'm hoping my kitty will appreciate watching them from the kitchen window. I'm off to fill the feeders so until next week...keep those needles clicking!

No comments: