Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Front lawn knitting

Cinzia, Dorah, Maureen, Jan A. and Janna joined me on the front lawn for a breezy afternoon of knitting.
We always start out with show and tell during which time Dorah showed us her beautiful Anuket Shawl. It's made using three harmonious yarns that at times overlap each other by knitting two rows with one yarn and the next two rows with another until all are incorporated into the design. There is a little bit of lace knitting to add interest to the edging. Beautiful work!
Dorah was inspired by Barbara B's Exordium Shawl so she started one for herself. Janna also liked the pattern...
so she's making one too. It's funny how the choice of yarn colors can make the same pattern look so different from each other.
Janna's donation piece is a hat made from self striping yarn. Such pretty colors.
Cinzia also used a self striping yarn to make a scarf with a sawtooth edge.
Maureen made progress on her Bankhead hat.
And Jan A. started the Basket Weave cowl from a pattern I wrote up and shared with the Chicks.
The Beloved Bonnet from TinCanKnits is a favorite pattern of mine. I'm holding my breath and playing yarn chicken because I might not have enough yarn to finish. Oh well, I can always rip it out and make it smaller.
Dorah was afraid her hat was too small but there are kids out there who will fit it perfectly.

I was going to take a walk but I think I'll just sit and knit until the feeling passes. LOL! So until next week, keep those needles clicking.
 

No comments: