Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Dodging raindrops

It was a bit cloudy today and threatening to rain so we moved from under the maples to on the deck.
Jan A. is enjoying the experience of making the Basket Weave Cowl using such a pretty, vibrant blue worsted weight yarn. The one round that has yarnovers between the "warp and weft" give the pattern the depth it needs to highlight the weave.
The Beloved Hat uses Aran weight yarn but you can substitute worsted weight and go up a needle size if it looks too small. I've used worsted weight with no change in needle size and it still fits an adult head according to the measurements.

Barbara K. is making one using worsted weight and the size looks just right.
Maureen is making slow progress on her Bankhead Hat because she finds it hard to knit in warm weather. I guess it does seem like a winter sport. ;)

Barbara B. is making this sweet cardigan.
It will be going to her grand-niece. It's a top-down pattern so you can see the sleeve stitches are being held aside until the body is finished. Then those stitches will be picked up and knitted to completion.
Barbara K. is so relieved to have finally finished her Hepsi's Cowl/neckwarmer.  It can be worn with the point in front or...
Turned to have the flat edge in front.
This adorable hat makes me think of gum drops, for some reason. The 2x2 ribbed hat practically flies off the needles and makes good tv knitting.

I'm working on a hat to match the cowl I made this weekend. When I can't sleep I watch YouTube videos of knitting stitches and this one appeared on my list. It was in a foreign language so I had to watch it multiple times to figure out the stitches. In addition, it was originally knitted flat so I had to convert it to knitting in the round. This will be a hat...

And here is the cowl. If you'd like the pattern, just ask and I'll send it. I named it Beach Pebbles Cowl.
                              
Just another project to keep those needles clicking!

No comments: