Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Thank you Mother Nature

Well, we had a pleasant surprise this afternoon...it was warm enough to knit outside! We were blessed with the beauty of nature and my sweet little Bloodgood Japanese Maple. It is always a pretty red but the autumn turns it on fire in the sunshine.
 And just like all summer long, one of the neighbors was mowing his lawn at 1 o'clock sharp! We always know it's Tuesday around here because someone adjacent to our yard ALWAYS mows the lawn at 1PM. You can set your calendar by it.
 But it was over quickly and we could then enjoy the sounds of the birds and crickets while we knitted and chatted.
 Barbara K. started these fingerless mitts...
 with a pretty purple yarn.
 Barbara B. is almost done with a Classic Cuffed hat from Purl Soho.
 Janna cast on (casted on?) stitches for my Seersucker Cowl (the pattern is written in the notes section of my project library on Ravelry.com). She's using a pretty teal colored yarn.
 I've been busy trying to finish a cowl for myself so I have something new to wear to Rhinebeck this weekend. As a result, I have not yet finished my Sockhead Slouchy Hat. That 3.5 inch ribbing seems to be taking FOREVER!!! That's what I get for using fingering weight yarn and tiny needles.
 Dorah has almost finished her cheerful hat, also using fingering weight yarn. Obviously, she has knitted on it more than I have on mine.
 And Maureen is approaching the decrease portion of her hat. Dorah gave her the remainder of her yarn from...
 the hat she finished which matches exactly so maybe Maureen will make a matching cowl.
Don't forget this weekend is the New York Sheep and Wool Festival at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck, NY. It's an annual ritual to enjoy the seasonal changes and breathe in the fiber fumes. It feeds inspiration to keep me knitting all winter long. I hope Mother Nature continues to cooperate and keep the temps comfortable.
Also on Friday, weather permitting the Chicks are joining forces with the Stitch Angels of Delaware Avenue Albany Public Library to yarn bomb the neighborhood surrounding the library with the hats, scarves, cowls, and mittens that my two groups have been making these past several months. Keep your fingers crossed that we have another pleasant day so we can distribute the collection without getting drenched in rain. 
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: