Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Making prototypes and other woolies

Our next recipient has to present our toys to a committee to be approved so we Chicks are making some sample toys. Barbara B.'s teddy bear has one ear so far. He'll have the other by next week.
 My boy teddy bear is sporting a jaunty cabled jumper. The little girl beside him is not into body modification! She is just awaiting her nose and mouth.
 Elaine's teddy is going to have black trousers. I think she chose red for his sweater.
 Janna's teddy will be a bright fuschia with a colorful sweater made from the yarn she used for a hat and socks from the last donation.
 Carole's teddy will be dressed for the fall with leafy autumn colors.
 Jan forgot her tools for the toy knitting so she is catching up on a cowl. The yarn is soft with a nice fluffy halo.
 Dorah made some great progress on her hat. We think it's going to be a slouchy style because even though she's been decreasing stitches, it looks quite long.
 Maureen worked on the cowl that coordiates with her hat. The diagonal line of stitching adds just enough interest to keep it from being a boring knit.
 I crocheted a little hedgehog to add to the menagerie. He fits right in the palm of my hand.
 And here is the little miss with her curls peeking out from under her beret. I think I'll name her Collette. Don't you just love her little white socks and Mary Jane shoes!?!?
I'm hoping to set an appointment to get approval for the toys this week so we can cast on for more. I have some ideas floating around in my head for other variations too. I guess that means I won't be getting much sleep as the ideas materialize. 
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: