Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Sunday, October 20, 2019

It's that time of year again!

Ah! The sights, sounds, and smells of the annual New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY feed my soul and inspire me for another year of knitting.
 I love to walk past the booths to see the samples knitted with the yarns for sale. So many colors! So many fibers!
 And then there is the sport of people watching. Almost everyone is sporting something they have made. I don't think I'll be adding this octopus pattern to my knitting library. But I can certainly appreciate the talent it took to make it!
 The festival has more than just knitting tools and fibers too. These hand felted gnomes were adorable!
 I always make sure I stop by the barns to thank the animals for sharing their coats with me so I can stay warm. This little guy was truly enjoying his snack.
 The angora bunny knew she was on display and made sure everyone had a chance to admire her. I would loved to have pet her but allergies! I'll appreciate her from afar.
 Her fur was blended with silks and wools to make these beautiful yarns.
 The crowds were manageable so I could see everything I wanted to check out.
 And even though it was overcast and a bit raw, the weather did not deter the fiber addict in me from enjoying the stroll from exhibit to exhibit.
 One of the merchants was selling hand felted cat shelters. The faces on them were hysterical!
 I made it to the parade of Llamas too.
 Just look at this show-off! He is regal and beautiful though.
 I stopped long enough for lunch before I hit the road for home. I had some really good, authentic Greek food. YUM!
 When it started to drizzle, I took my cue and headed out.
So another day at Rhinebeck for the books. And in case you're interested, no I did not buy any yarn! I did however, get a new shawl pin and an Egyptian cotton wrap that is as soft as that angora bunny! One more festival this season and I'll be ready to hunker down for the winter. Mark your calendar for the Fiber Festival of New England on November 2 and 3 at the Eastern States Exposition in Springfield, MA. See you there!

No comments: