Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Friday, October 18, 2019

Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan wished us well on our "Yarn Bombing"

My Chicks collaborated with my Stitch Angels from the Delaware Ave. branch of the Albany Public Library to conduct a yarn bombing of all the hats, mittens, scarves, etc. that we've been preparing for today. Mayor Sheehan took time out of her busy schedule to thank us and send us off.
 But not before we took a group picture.
 Anne and Maureen were assigned the local elementary school on Hurlbut Street.
 They arrived just as the children were running outside for recess.
 They said the kids were thrilled with the opportunity to pick out warm hats and scarves.
 And today was the perfect day for it with the 15mph winds that were howling.
 Barbara, one of my Chicks and an Angel, and Anna Mae, one of my Angels, took care of hanging items from the park benches in front of the library.
 This is what it looked like when they finished. 30 minutes later it was almost all gone!
 We hung hats and scarves from trees too.
 And then we all celebrated and warmed up with some hot cocoa.
 Thank you Chicks and Angels for all your hard work to make it a successful day. I truly appreciate your talent and dedication. And I'm blessed to call you my friends.

No comments: