Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Easter Bonnets and Delivery Time

My friends in Pennsylvania became grandparents for the third time and I wanted to make something for the new baby and his two big sisters. Why not make matching hats for the princesses and a nearly matching one for the little prince?! 
 The hat was my favorite go-to ribbed watchman's cap but the girls' hat was adorned with a crocheted flower.
 And here are those three precious babies!
 I was told Maddie liked her hat so much that she wore it all Easter day in 80 degree temps. I'm so happy they fit!
 This week Cinzia, Elaine, and I will be delivering our goodies to the Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless in Albany. We made 92 items (111 if you count pairs, which is more knitting!). That's four big bags to deliver.
 This afternoon Barbara and Elaine continued working on their scarf and blanket, respectively.
 Elaine needed an easy basic recipe to follow mindlessly. Even so, it is a lovely blanket stitch.
 After a while Barbara decided to put the scarf aside and start a matching hat.
 I've been working on designing a pattern for two cowls. This one I started this afternoon.
 By this evening I had a good three inches knitted already. And when I get the directions written out I'll be posting it for sale on Ravelry.
This is the first one I made using a DK weight baby alpaca and silk yarn that is as soft as a cloud. I wanted to make cowls as a thank you gift for a couple I'll be visiting in June. They are avid skiers and so this stitch reminded me of a slalom run. This is the gentlman's cowl and...
this is the version for his wife. This yarn is also a baby alpaca blend but a lighter weight. Her version is an open lacy pattern. Both patterns will be sold in one offering. I'll let you know when they are available.
This evening Beth showed us a cowl she made for herself...or maybe her daughter. I think it's for whoever grabs it first! LOL! 
She is currently working on a pair of mittens for our inventory and is worried she'll run out of yarn before they are done. So the first mitten is on hold near the fingertips so if she doesn't have enough for complete both mittens, the tops can be knitted in a complimentary color. I told her to knit faster. That way she'll finish before she runs out of yarn! LOL!
And last but certainly not least, Dorah's scarf/cowl is almost done.
I had some time to fit a Hitchhiker scarf in between donation knitting and finished blocking it over the weekend. The yarn is from the New England Sheep and Wool Festival I attended two years ago. Every time I tried to make something with it, it would not look right. When I finally stumbled upon the Hitchhiker pattern the yarn decided to cooperate and I love the results. 
See? You have to listen to your yarns. They know what they want to become!

No comments: