Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Finishing Up

Barbara finished the Baby Surprise Jacket and proclaimed it the last one she will EVER knit! I don't blame her. There is a lot of stitch counting involved which she finds disturbing. Funny thing is she is an accountant! But I know what she means. It's an Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern which advertises it is knitting without tears. I beg to differ. I have to admit that even though I consider myself pretty adept at knitting, this pattern almost brought me to my knees the first time I made it. So now Barb just needs buttons and it will be added to inventory.
 Kathleen finished a BSJ also. Those bright green buttons really pull out the colors and make it pop!
 Another Kathleen project finished. This sweater is an acrylic yarn which makes it machine washable.
 Barbara offered to model a hat Kathleen made for our next project. How nicely it matches her sweater!
 We had a full house this evening. From left to right going across the bottom of the screen: me, Maureen, Carole, Beth, Karin. We haven't seen Karin in a long time. It was good to have her back in the fold!
 Carole worked on a chemo cap for our upcoming donation project.
 Karin finished up a pair of socks for her daughter.
 And Beth started a sweater. Check out those pretty stitch markers! They are like jewelry for your knitting!
  We were cracking up over that HUGE skein of yarn Maureen was knitting. It looks like an ostrich egg on her lap!
I finished a Daybreak shawl last week which will go into our next donation. I was going to make this shawl for myself using some sock weight yarn from my stash but after starting and frogging it three times I decided to try it in a worsted weight to make it easier to read. I really like the way it turned out and as you will see further down it helped tremendously with the fingering weight yarn.
 Last week I mentioned I finished the grey hoodie. Now it's ready to keep some cute little munchkin warm.
 I started another baby sweater this week. From this photo you can tell it will be colorful but it's hard to tell it's a sweater. Trust me. It will become a sweater eventually.
 Here is the Daybreak shawl I'm knitting for myself. The yarn is Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors. The darker color is "Past Midnight" and the lighter is "Cloud Dancer". I'm really happy with the results so far.
Well, I better get back to those projects. They aren't going to knit themselves!

1 comment:

Elise H. said...

Those daybreak shawls are just stunning!