Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Serenity

The Serenity afghan was a bridal shower gift I knitted in May for my friend's daughter. Her shower was two weeks ago and I just now remembered to show you.
I used five and a half skeins of Plymouth Encore which is a wool and acrylic blend yarn which makes it machine washable and dryable.
It took me three weeks to make and I like it so much I might make one to keep for myself.
If you are a member of Ravelry, the pattern is available for free.

3 comments:

Karin said...

That is one of the most beautiful afghans I have ever seen.
I can't believe it only took you three weeks to make!

AlisonH said...

Wow, that's gorgeous. I've had that lace pattern earmarked in my Barbara Walker to make an afghan out of for a long time now, but it hadn't occurred to me to do it that way. Very nice!

Jeanne said...

What exquisit work... and what a lucky bridge. That is simply gorgeous!