Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Friday, April 24, 2009

A VERY Quick Project

I am trying very hard to be a good citizen of Mother Earth and so I keep four reusable grocery bags in the trunk of my car, along with a thermal bag for cold or frozen groceries. But wouldn't you know it! I get my cart and start filling it with produce when I remember that I left the bags in the car! DARN! I hate when that happens. So now I have to look for a pleasant lady giving out free samples of cheesecake or pigs in a blanket and ask if she could please watch my cart while I go get my bag. I've been lucky so far. No one has said no. Then while searching through the stash of yarn I keep for inspiration I came across this "Crystal Palace Breeze", a 100% mercerized cotton yarn. LIGHT BULB! This would be perfect for a grocery bag. And I can roll it up and keep it in my purse so I'll always have it with me. Genius!

I cast on the stitches for this bag at 1:30PM yesterday afternoon and got on a roll. I even missed going to knit night at Trumpet Hill because I didn't want to stop knitting long enough to drive up there. DH was out for the evening so I didn't have to interrupt knitting to make dinner (just long enough to eat some leftovers) and I finished weaving in the ends at 1AM. DONE! Empty it measures 19" long by 13" wide at the widest point.And look how much it holds. There is still room for stretching.

Now, with what can I fill it?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is a great bag, Jody. Could you share the pattern? Was this a worsted weight cotton or lighter?
Thanks!
Love you,
Lisa

Karin said...

Love it! Need to know about the pattern! :)