Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

Wow! I remember the very first Earth Day in 1970. I had the day off from work at the dentist's office and I thought it would be a great day for a ride in the country, but no! I stayed home and didn't use the car. Today I returned from my walk around 10AM and it was so nice out I decided to clean out the dead clematis vines and remove all the dead branches from my Grandpa's climbing roses. They didn't winter well this year. I think I'm just a little too far north. But there are many new shoots growing at the base of the plant, so I'm sure it will grow back better than ever!

Barbara is back from her spring trip and BOY! did we miss her! She's catching up on my knitting library additions since she was gone. I purchased a used copy of "Victorian Lace Today" by Jane Sowerby. It was in very good condition except for a little spill stain at the bottom of some of the pages. When I opened the book to write my name in it I noticed a shadow of backwards writing on the page. I realized that two pages were stuck together and when I separated them there it was! My $12.00 bargain book was signed by the author! What a thrill!

Elaine finished a sweater and bonnet and is working on a pretty sweater set for her granddaughter. She has to knit fast before the baby outgrows it.

I finished a pair of Jaywalker socks for myself and they came out almost identical twins. That's the first time that's ever happened to me.


I'm working on a baby blanket which I will post when it's finished. It started out as a leaf lace blanket but after much aggravation I decided rather than knit it with bad vibes I would frog it and make a mindless coma knit, the good old fashioned diagonal dishcloth style blanket. You'll see it soon. Now back to my knitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice socks would look good in florida