Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Work in Progress and A Finished Birthday Gift

As a donation project I've started a hooded baby sweater called Windowpane from a pattern that I found at Trumpet Hill Yarn Store (www.trumpethill.com). I finished one sleeve, I'm almost finished with the second (they are the striped pieces) and I've knitted the one piece body up to the armholes. Next up, I have to knit everything together and then pick up stitches to finish the hood and buttonband portions. It's going remarkably fast.

I'm using Plymouth Encore and Colorspun Encore in worsted weight.

My finished scarf is for my sister's birthday on the 15th of this month. She doesn't own a computer (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!) so I don't have to worry about her seeing this too soon.

The pattern is from www.brooklyntweed.blogspot.com and is called the Noro Striped Scarf. I used Wisdom Poems yarn. It's a pattern which I heard someone call "coma knitting" meaning it's so easy you could knit it in your sleep. I think it took all of three days to make. I'd say that's easy!

Time for lunch and then back to the knitting needles.

No comments: