Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Very busy hands

We start this week's post with some FO's. I made a hat to go with the woven scarf from last week's FO's. There is a good amount of yarn left so I might even be able to squeeze out a pair of mittens to make a nice 3 piece set.
 Cinzia made a cozy cowl using the Indian Cross Stitch pattern between fields of garter stitch.
 Carole's Olivia Cowl is finished too. This Debbie Bliss yarn gives beautiful stitch definition...perfect for this cowl.
 Maureen finished her 1898 Hat using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. The ear flaps are knitted flat then folded in half and the crown stitches are picked up along the edge and knitted to the top. I don't know why, but it seems to be the quickest knit I've ever made. Maybe because by the time you finish knitting the ear section, most of the hat is knitted.
 Margaret's third version of her hat with bulky yarn is ready to go into inventory. Further on you'll see she is making another.
 Barbara B. had to make a provisional cast on so the brim could be double thick. Here she is picking up the stitches from the cast on edge to be knitted together with the live stitches on the needle.
 Cinzia added many inches to her ZickZack scarf she started last week. Lovely color combo!
 And Janna really got the hang of those cable stitches! Her Palindrome Scarf has come a long way since last Tuesday.
 Jan's cowl has beautiful colors. I can't wait to see it finished.
 Here is the beginning of the hat I started today to go with the periwinkle blue scarf I wove last week. The loom is empty right now but I'll be warping it soon. I need to decide between four different yarn combinations so I'll know what to make.
 Dorah finished one mitten and is sussing out the directions for the second one. Sometimes the directions don't seem to make sense so they trip us up a bit. But she's got it now.
 Here is Margaret's third or fourth hat with that same bulky yarn. Each one has a different color pattern. I think she wants to give the 1898 hat a try next.
Last week I showed you Carole's Irma hat. This week it has been frogged in favor of a cable hat.
It seems as nice as the Irma hat pattern is, the Cashmerino yarn is too slippery for it so it kept growing and stretching. So Carole opted for this pattern instead.
Maureen has this lovely blue yarn with sparkles running through it so she is working on the Honey cowl. It's a nice easy pattern with slipped stitches to create the texture.
In case anyone is interested in learning how to weave the waffle stitch, I'll be teaching a class at Cece's Wool in Guilderland on Wednesday, March 4 at 1PM. The class is open to only 4 students with an intermediate level skill, so if you want to enroll, do so quickly.
So that's all for this week. Time for me to get back to my needles.

No comments: