Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Making Progress

There were just three of us Chicks this afternoon. A few of them flew the coop for warmer weather. Jan and Janna joined me today. Jan finished her hat and the matching cowl is coming along nicely. 
 Janna's Palindrome Scarf is getting there. She will be able to knit a reversible cable in her sleep by the time she finishes this scarf.
 Margaret laughed about her hat looking the same every week but the colors are in different order each week. The hat is called the Julia Roberts hat because she wore it in the movie, "Stepmom".
 I had a hard time trying to get the true color of Carole's Irma hat. It is deep burgundy, rich and luscious! She decided to try it again with Cascade 220 which has just enough cuticle in the yarn to hold the stitches nicely.
 She inspired Dorah to try one too. She is also using Cascade 220 in a charcoal gray.
 Maureen's Honey Cowl is a bit further along. Since she has a new baby granddaughter she's finding it harder to squeeze in knitting time. I think the baby should take priority anyway. They don't stay tiny for long.
 Sunday I wove a pink and purple scarf and wet finished it yesterday. My edges are still a bit wobbly where I have to change colors but I'm happy with the end product.
 And I just LOVE this cowl I wove using the waffle stitch. Now that it's wet finished, the fabric is soft and drapey.
 I had enough yarn to make a hat and there might even be enough for a pair of fingerless mitts to round out a nice ensemble.
 This weaving gig is the bomb! Another scarf literally flew off the loom!
 And there will be fingerless mitts to go with the hat from last week that matches the scarf.
 Weaving will never replace knitting for me but it's right up there alongside it as one of my favorite things to do. 

No comments: