Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

On this rainy Tuesday

Janna's Palindrome Scarf hit a snag today but she was able to tink back and find the error. She got herself right back on track. The Debbie Bliss Cashmerino yarn is the perfect yarn for this pattern.
 Last week I showed you the plaid scarf I wove with a silk/merino blend yarn. There was enough yarn left over to start a hat. I was hoping to throw in a few bands of solid purple but...
 there isn't enough for me to judge how to space them so I decided to use the purple for a pompom...maybe.
 Barbara B. is using Debbie Bliss Rialto yarn for her Irma hat. This is another yarn for beautiful stitch definition.
 Here is Carole's Irma hat. She's using Cascade 220, another good yarn for showcasing stitch work.
 Dorah's Irma hat is also being knitted with Cascade 220. A few more rows for the ribbing and then she'll start the fancy pattern.
 Margaret figured this is her fourth Julia Roberts hat from the movie, "Stepmom". She still has yarn to make another but I think she's had enough of this pattern.
 You can see the little sparkles in Maureen's Honey cowl. The yarn has a little nylon fiber running through it that gives it a little bling.
 On Sunday afternoon I warped my 16 inch rigid heddle loom with a cotton gradient yarn to make this cowl. I don't know about you but I hate knitting with cotton yarn because it's hard on my knuckles. I think it's because it doesn't have the elasticity that animal fibers have. Well, I discovered the same is true for weaving with cotton. At least the warping portion of the process is unforgiving to my hands. But I'm very happy with the results. I now have a nice springtime weight cowl for the women veterans' shelter.
 Carole knitted the Crystalline Cowl for a friend and graciously allowed me to show you. The bulky yarn and size 9 needle she used makes it stand up nicely against winter weather.
 She also finished another hat with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino yarn.
 And here is Margaret's next to last Julia Roberts hat. She's really tired of this pattern. I wouldn't have been able to knit four of the same hat, one right after the other. 
 And I completed the Sockhead Slouch hat, finally! 
This seemed to take forever. But I bet if I check my records, it probably took only a couple of weeks. I guess I'm just a fickle knitter who likes to hop from one project to another.
I wonder what will be on my needles next week.

No comments: