Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Debbie is back!

Barbara B.'s nails match her project! She is still working at her Irma Hat which is giving her fits. The stitch count can be off by one stitch if you forget to make 1 within the repeat of the pattern. So she's had to frog it a couple of times. I hope she doesn't give up on it because it really is a nice hat.
 Debbie is back from her winter break in North Carolina and she jumped right back in with her hat knitting. The Debbie Bliss Cashmerino yarn shows a subtle patterning.
 Cinzia is designing a scarf which is comprised of diagonal blocks using this boucle yarn.
 And Janna's scarf is a bit longer than last week. She's doing a great job on those cables.
 Debbie added the Declan's hat to the inventory. I think this is also Debbie Bliss Cashmerino yarn. It shows off those cable details beautifully.
 Cinzia finished her ZickZack Scarf which is Berroco Comfort yarns. It's sitting on my loom which is holding....
 This scarf (or maybe a cowl) which I warped on Sunday and worked today. For those out there who understand weaving, I double warped it with fingering weight yarn but the weft is a fluffy alpaca/acrylic blend and I love the look.
 You can see the up close details of the two strands in the warp.
 And five hours later it is done! I need to wet finish it and trim the fringe evenly but the hard part is done.
 Margaret finished her last version of the Julia Roberts hat and is anxiously waiting to start a project with new colors.
 Carole's Irma Hat is ready to begin the decrease portion of the crown. So it's almost finished.
 And Maureen is afraid you're going to get tired of seeing her blue Honey cowl because it seems to be taking forever. That's what happens when you use fine weight yarns. But the finished cowl will be beautiful!
 The thumbs on these simple mitts I'm making are now on waste yarn so I can knit the palm. These will match the woven scarf and knitted hat I made so there will be a 3 piece ensemble to donate.
I better get busy and finish these so I can move on to my next project. I have some hats which I have begun so I won't be at a loss for work. All I need is a few more hours in the day!

No comments: