Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Many hats this week

My afternoon Chicks had the day off today so I used the time to finish a few things. My Helix Hat was a good use of small amounts of stash yarn. Just one of these skeins might not have been enough to make a large enough adult size hat, but combining 3 colors was a perfect plan. I might even have leftovers for another.
 I finished the Mistake Stitch Scarf last week just after our anniversary dinner. I'm going to put scarf knitting on hold for a while since they take what seems like such a long time to knit.
 This hat called Rusty Barn Hat used almost all of a 110 yard skein of Knit Picks yarn. It's a 3x1 ribbed hat and the pattern gives multiple sizes to fit a variety of heads.
 Maureen finished another Squarshy hat with a nice burgundy superwash wool.
And Carole also finished a Squarshy hat.  
 Margaret added a nice warm hat. It has a double knitted edging which will keep the wind out of the wearer's ears.
 Beth brought her completed wrap. The yarn is so soft that it feels like a cloud.
Carole worked on a new cowl tonight. Do you think I can remember the name of the pattern?
 Beth has this beautiful tonal orange yarn to make the Apple Pie hat. It is all cables and really beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished.
 Maureen's Last Minute Cowl is knitting up quickly. The pattern is one of those mindless tv knits we all enjoy.
 Margaret started another hat with stranded pattern work. The color is more of an oatmeal than it looks here. It will be a good neutral accessory.
 And last but not least, Dorah's hat is almost finished. She should be approaching the decrease portion soon.
I can't believe it's almost September already! You know what that means?! We will soon be wearing our hand knits and attending fiber festivals. I can't wait! This summer of 90 degrees and high humidity is not my cup of tea. I'm looking forward to unpacking my woolens and greeting the cold weather. Until then, keep those needles clicking!

No comments: