Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Delivery accomplished, time to start new cycle

Debbie, Liz, and I made our delivery to the Veterans and Housing Coalition in Ballston Spa today. We were warmly welcomed by Tonya and then we treated ourselves to a tasty lunch at the Whistling Kettle on Front Street in the heart of town. We got back home just in time for our afternoon knitting session.
Barbara started the day with her finished Country Rows shawl. The merino yarn is soft and warm and the colors so cheerful.
 Cinzia is nearing the last border rows of her vest and vowed never to knit it again. I told her she has my permission to burn the pattern when she's done. LOL! We think it was written by someone whose first language is not English. The strangely written directions are very difficult to follow and after reading Ravelry notes from other knitters who made it, we don't feel so bad about our lack of comprehension regarding the construction of this vest. I'm sure it will be beautiful when Cinzia finishes it.
 Liz had to stop working on her super bulky cowl because she ran out of yarn and the other skein was at home. With this super sized yarn and fat knitting needles this will be finished in no time.
 Barbara started a scarf and a few rows after this, she frogged the whole thing in favor of a totally different pattern. This one was a lace pattern that was giving her fits and my motto is, "If it's not fun, don't do it!" I can't wait to see what she knits instead.
 Debbie made lots of progress on the hat she started last week with the pretty red tweed yarn.
 And Dorah's 2X2 ribbed hat has grown a lot too. The ribbing is so elastic that this hat can fit any size from child to adult.
 Last week I sent a link to a video tutorial on how to weave in ends of yarn as you knit because Margaret was kvetching over having to weave in so many ends when she had finished her striped hat. This week she thanked me because she has mastered the technique and she enjoys knitting stripes now.
 Carole is amused by the pattern which is emerging from the short color bursts in the yarn she's using. She thinks it was a skein of Malabrigo. I love the purple and green combo.
 Maureen is making another Squarshy hat. It sure is a popular pattern with my Chicks!
 We have a finished scarf and...
 another Squarshy hat to add to the inventory.
I didn't take any photos of my knitting because it's a scarf so it still looks the same as it did last week. Maybe by next week it will be finished and I can start something new. I feel a bit of startitis coming on. Watch out!

No comments: