Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Soft yarns and hillbilly contraptions

Debbie is working on her baby sack to give the owls eyes. She started with a soft gray yarn and it looks pretty nice. By next week maybe they will all be able to see.
 Liz worked on a cowl using two strands of worsted weight yarn held together to achieve a bulky weight look. This is a great way to bust through a bunch of yarn in a short time.
 And Elaine rounded the corner on her baby blanket. You can't see it here but that giant ball of yarn doesn't look any smaller. I think gremlins break in at night and spin more yarn to add to it!
 Barbara was looking for inspiration for this incredibly soft cashmere, merino, and microfiber blend yarn. I think she was leaning toward a baby hat.
 My "Close to You" scarf in Periwinkle Sheep Wink, colorway Ghost of Molly, is slow going because I have other projects on which I'm working too.
By closing time tonight it has shown some progress. 
 Barbara contributed two FO's today. This Ribbed Hat was knitted with the Aran weight of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. I wish you could feel it through your computer. It is so soft!
 And her Mistake Stitch Scarf was knitted with Berroco Vintage, a machine washable yarn.
 Dorah's wool hat with the baby cables made good progress this week. It's a nice peaceful green.
 And Maureen started her Zoe hat last week and has made progress into the ribbing.
 Now don't laugh but I made a DIY air conditioner for my screened in deck! It was so hot and humid today and we've had so few opportunities to sit outside so far this year that I needed to do something to make it more comfortable out there. I was browsing through Youtube (it's amazing what you can learn) and fell upon what they call a "Swamp Cooler". Awful name! I had the styrofoam cooler in the basement and a trip to Lowes and Bed Bath and Beyond got me the other two things I needed for about $11. A sharp knife was the only tool I needed and a bag of ice and VOILA! I made a makeshift air conditioner for outside! Go ahead and giggle and snort but until the ice melted it actually did make the air more comfortable. Next time I'm going to freeze a large brick of ice so it will last longer.
You can always tell when I've had a sleepless night. You never know what kind of contraption I'll build next from a Youtube video! LOL!
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: