Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Hats, hats, and more hats

The Chicks worked on many hats this week. Cinzia's child size hat was a bit quirky. Normally, stockinette stitch curls if you don't start with ribbing or garter stitch. This one is curiously flat. We can't figure out why it's not rolling! I guess it doesn't matter since it looks nice anyway. Love the red!
 Elaine finished her 2X2 ribbed hat this week and added it to the inventory.
 She decided she needed an easy project this week so she started one of our standby diagonal baby blankets. We couldn't believe the size of the skein of yarn! Check it out....
 It looks like she's got a pet sitting at her feet! We all had a good laugh! Then I was reminded of a Youtube video of a woman holding her angora rabbit on her lap as she spun his fur right off his coat. He just sat there bouncing up and down as her feet work the spinning wheel. It seemed as though he was enjoying the ride. And it doesn't hurt him because it's the layer of coat that he is shedding so it comes right off.
 Debbie made progress on her cabled mitts that she started last week. She learned the magic loop technique to make these and is flying through them. Great job Debbie!
 Liz's Mistake Stitch scarf is much longer than it was last week. At one point she had to rip back a few stitches because... wait for it... she made a mistake! LOL!
 I am working on modular squares, worked from the outside in with 25 stitches on each needle. Each corner has and ssk and a k2tog to decrease to the center, every other row. When I have enough squares to fit around the neck I think I will work along the long sides in black yarn and turn it into a cowl. Or a hat... or a cowl... we'll see how I feel when I get to that part.
 Dorah finished her Emiliana scarf and it's beautiful! She used Periwinkle Sheep yarns in Hot Mama (pink) and I think the black is Witch's Cauldron. It's beautiful!
 Especially the mosaic section.
 She worked on her 2X2 ribbed hat until...
 it was finished. This will go into inventory too.
 Remember the hat Carole started last week? Here it is with the seed stitch chevron band. I like the ribbing with the Ktbl twist (knit through the back loop of stitch). 
It makes the ribbing stand out nicely.
 This is another hat she finished that was added to inventory tonight too.
 Maureen put the finishing touches on her blanket.
 Margaret started a hat too. 
 This is the one she worked on last week and is now in the inventory too. Wow! We had a lot of hats this week!
 And I finished the cowl I started last week. This is one of those really simple patterns which requires one to count to 3. Sounds so easy, right?
I ripped it back an inch or so only once! I guess I'm getting better at counting to 3!
See you next week. In the meantime, keep those needles clicking!

1 comment:

Lulu said...

beautiful projects..i so dig you guys...You do great work and loves when ypu post all the pics..