Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

It must be spring, the snowbirds are migrating home

One of our snowbirds made it back from North Carolina. We've missed Beth (on the right) since October! It's good to have her back in the flock! I know Carole was happy to have her "couch buddy" back as she worked on her Rambled hat.
 Margaret searched through the stash for a bulky yarn and wound it up so she could get started right away. Can you believe this is the only table in my whole house that's the right size to clamp the ball winder!? It's a good thing we're limber!
By the evening's end she had already knitted a good 3 inches of her basket weave hat.
 While Beth was spending her winter in warmer weather she found a yarn store and took a few classes and bought some local yarn. These mitts she made for a friend.
 I know she told me the name of this pattern....It's beautiful but I can't remember what it's called!
 She took a class at the store to learn the Brioche stitch too. It makes a very nice cowl/neck warmer.
 And her Winter Honey shawl was started before she left last fall. It's all cables. Beautiful!
 
Beth said this was hand dyed by a fiber artist in North Carolina. I think she called it Cupcake. I have a good memory, it's just short!
 Beth made a design decision to knit the thumb with the same design as the hand portion. Nice job!
 The Zoe hat has to be the most enjoyable hat I've ever knitted! I finished it in 3 days!
 As a matter of fact, I liked it so much that I cast on to start another one right away. This Cascade 220 yarn is called "Cerise". Pretty pink!
 Margaret finished her headband/earwarmer. Nice cables Margaret!
 And Dorah's 2X2 ribbed hat is growing longer. This is also Cascade 220 yarn which will be cozy and warm.
We make our delivery to Romero Oncology this week so hopefully I'll have pictures next week to show you. In the meantime, keep those needles clicking!

No comments: