Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Too chilly to knit outside

Spring is finally here and we Chicks were planning on knitting outside today but it was still just a little too chilly and shady. But it felt so good to see sunshine.
Elaine started the day with the hat she started last week. She commented that she hadn't gotten very far with her knitting but I reminded her slow and steady wins the race, except we're not racing, we're knitting! So take your time and enjoy the process.
Debbie mentioned she wanted to try making cables, something she had never knitted before. That's pretty darn good cabling for someone who never knitted cables! This summer I'm going to teach the Chicks how to knit using Magic Loop so we can put our DP's into cold storage. Then Debbie can zip through her hat knitting. Like me, she's not crazy about double pointed needles. 
 Debbie's other project is a cute little baby sweater, also very well done for someone who keeps telling me she's not a very good knitter. Can't prove it by this!
 Last Wednesday I saw a pattern called Copenhagen Calling that a knit night friend had made. I was so inspired I decided to buy the pattern and make one for donation. Luckily, I had some DK weight yarn which is exactly what it called for. So startitis struck, BIG TIME, and I had to cast on and start it immediately! I think I might have to make one for me in my colors. 
 Carole finished her Rambled hat. The top is so clever, turning into a square.
 And it's kind of slouchy from the side.
Dorah's hat is almost to the decreasing portion. Another couple of weeks and it should be done. 
 And Margaret's purple and green project is coming along nicely. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask what it was!
 Carole is using up leftovers from other projects and will be striping this hat.
 And Beth is almost finished with her second mitten. Then it will be on to the thumbs!
 I admired the pattern for this hat but since it was written in Polish I couldn't figure out how to make it. That is, until I noticed that the designer had recorded a Youtube video tutorial from which I could learn the pattern by watching her knit it. For those of you out there who might possibly read Polish, the pattern is called Czapka and it's a free pattern on Ravely.
I liked it so much that I immediately cast on for another in a bright, sour apple green. It should be done by next week so I can show you. In the meantime, keep those needles clicking!

No comments: