Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

How is your knitting progressing?

My grandkitty, Joules, went home yesterday. We had a great week together but apparently it was hard work because...
 she was pooped! Not really. She's just a laid back, lazy kitty. I miss her already. Just between you and me, my grandsons are a little jealous. LOL!
 And now that Joules has returned home I don't have to be hyper-vigilant about my knitting and yarn.
Elaine, Barbara, and I enjoyed the outdoor knitting this afternoon. I was happy we got to squeeze in one more day on the deck. Who knows how many more days will be warm enough to be outside? Elaine worked on her Mistake Stitch Scarf and Barbara started a Cushy Cowl with a nice cream colored bulky weight wool.
 Barbara brought an addition to the inventory with her Present Cowl in a pretty soft blue and brown Encore yarn.
 Dorah showed us a lovely shawl she made for herself using Periwinkle Sheep Yarns. We all laughed about how she will wear it once to the Rhinebeck Fiber Festival and then it will go into a box in her closet so her kids can wonder why she had so many knitted items when she was never cold enough to wear them! LOL!
 Carole was going great guns on her hat when she discovered some stitches in stockinette that were supposed to be garter stitch. Luckily, she can unravel those few stitches and then crochet them back up to the needle in the right direction.
 Beth has progressed quite a bit on her hat called Baa-ble. This is so cute!
 Maureen just started her project and Dorah is further along on her scarf. We need to finish by the second week of November so we can distribute items in downtown Albany for this year's yarn bombing project.
 My Miss Winkle scarf is almost finished. I just rewound this ball of yarn and it's about the size of a golf ball now so the final rows are not too far off.
I finished a hood and a scarf (one for donation and one for me) but I couldn't block or photograph them as long as the kitty was wandering around. So this week I'll be working on blocking those and hopefully will have pictures for you next week. In the meantime, keep those needles clicking!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I love seeing all these projects. It makes me want to grab my needles and get to it, too; thank you all!