Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Breast Cancer Awareness Month and all things knit

This past weekend was the local fund raiser in which Elaine and her family participate every year in memory of her daughter Beth and Elaine's late sister-in-law. Her family comes from far and wide to lend support and remember their loved ones. Team Beth looked great in her favorite color too.
 I was away for a few days visiting my husband's cousins in North Carolina. They are really native New Yorkers but they have acclimated nicely to southern life. We had dinners out and Todd, who is an excellent chef, treated us to some good home cooked meals too.
 When we visited Mount Airy we had to get a photo of Linda and me with Andy and Opie of Mayberry or else! LOL! Now I'm back home so enough relaxing and on to the knitting.
 Elaine is still working on her Mistake Stitch Scarf and Liz is making a scarf with a bulky weight yarn which is turning out nicely.
 Today she dropped off two FO's, this soft cowl called Wham Bam Thank You Lamb. It calls for a bulky weight yarn so it's a really quick knit.
 Next up is her finished Last Minute Cowl. Another quick knit with a very easy pattern. Just 95 stitches of k3p3 around and around. If you can count, you can make it.
 My 2X2 ribbed hat has a few more inches to knit before I can begin the decreases and it starts to look like a hat. Plymouth Encore yarn is good for warmth and machine washability. Is that even a word? My computer doesn't think so!
 I have so many projects on needles that I haven't made too much progress on this striped cowl. But it's coming along slowly.
 Carole finished a Mistake Stitch Hat with a bulky weight yarn. She has a lot of this yarn so...
 she started the Jonathan hat with more of the same yarn. I think she has still more of this yarn so we might see another hat or two yet.
 Dorah dipped into her collection and found a cowl that needed buttons.
 I love her choice of color. These buttons are perfect!
 Maureen's Lotus Hat is going to be a beauty! Such an intricate lace pattern. I've saved this pattern in my Ravelry library.
It's a freebie so grab it while you can.

No comments: