Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

It still feels like summer!

We started the day winding up some cakes of yarn. None of my tables are the right size to clamp the ball winder so I have to improvise. Today I attached it to the armrest of the deck chair. Sometimes I clamp it to the leg of the coffee table. Hey! Whatever works!
 Cinzia finished the sweater vest and was looking for opinions on a button.
 Dark or...
light?
 We all liked the one that looked like wood. And look at how beautifully this sweater blocked!
 Cinzia added a cowl to the inventory too. She was intending to make a long scarf but ran out of yarn way too soon. Plan B! Make it a cowl! That's the great thing about knitting. There's always something you can create if you just use a little imagination.
 Elaine is whipping up a Mistake Stitch scarf with a warm wool of navy blue.
 And Liz's angora scarf is coming along nicely. She will definitely have enough yarn to make a hat to match.
 Carole had to stop knitting on this little baby sweater until she can find more yarn. She might have to resort to pastel stripes somewhere since there is no more of this color and she needs enough to finish the sleeves.
 Maureen's cowl looks so nice and bright. It's a quick easy knit, great for having a conversation.
 I finished the Noro Stripe scarf and couldn't resist starting something new...
 Miss Winkle (using Periwinkle Sheep Sock Dream in Memories of Summer) is an asymmetrical triangle scarf. The yarn is a blend of superwash merino and 10% cashmere. It will be a softee! I've been eyeing this pattern for a couple of years now and finally decided to purchase it. I don't usually like to buy patterns because I don't want to suddenly find out I hate it and already laid out good money for it. But this one's a keeper!
I see many more in my future!

No comments: