Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

What a gorgeous day!

The air was as dry as can be and the temps held at 80 degrees so knitting on the deck today was ideal! I wish it could be like this all year. No, wait... I like winter and the freezing cold so I can wear all my warm knits. I just wish the nice weather would last a little longer. We have had a very hot and humid summer so days like today are a real gift.
Liz opened our afternoon session with a few FO's. Her first was a cowl with a "design element". I wouldn't let her say mistake because she repeated the design at both edges so they would match. Hence, design element. This is a very soft wool cowl and will be nice and warm around someone's neck.
 Another design element came about when Liz realized she wouldn't have enough yarn to make a 60 inch long scarf. Plan B: add a button and make it a cowl. And since it is lacey, there's no need to make buttonholes so one can wear it buttoned to any length that is comfortable.
A preemie hat to add to the inventory too.
 Elaine finished two hats and the third is about ready to start the crown shaping. That's the blue one on the right.
 My Noro Stripe Scarf is almost to the halfway mark. I'm loving the play of colors against the solid teal yarn.
 Poor Carole! She remembered to bring her baby sweater but forgot her pattern!
 This is going to be really cute.
So she wouldn't sit twiddling her thumbs, Carole pulled out the cardigan that she's making for herself with Periwinkle Sheep yarn. It's going to be a beauty!
Beth finished her cowl and had enough yarn left over to make another one so she cast those stitches onto her needles right away.
Maureen added the buttons to her finished baby sweater.
Look at those cute little duckies!
Beth finished a scarf for herself called Saltwater Reverie.
She used Periwinkle Sheep yarn, a merino and silk blend. The sheen and drape on this scarf is beautiful!
The pattern is a combination of yarnovers and knitting 2 stitches together...
with changing number of rows between the eyelets to make it look like different lace.
I searched through our stash and found a Madelinetosh Merino yarn to make a....
Nurmilintu scarf. I love this! I can't wait to make another one. It was very easy to knit, only the lace sections needed a little concentrating. And even then there was a resting row of only purl stitches.
I threw in a quickly knitted pair of booties just so I could say I finished something quickly. 
Sometimes I need a quickie to lift my knitting spirits!

No comments: