Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Thank you for 11 years Chicks!

Who knew way back in August of 2005 that a crazy dream of mine would last 11 years? Tonight I had the opportunity to celebrate and thank the wonderful ladies who make up my Chicks with Sticks for all their hard work and dedication to my dream. Liz and Beth brought some pretty flowers to brighten up the party.
 And what would a party be without delicious food?! Liz and Dorah prepped their green salad and quinoa/corn salad, respectively. So refreshing and tasty!
 Maureen, Beth, and Barbara caught up with each other while...
 Carole, Cinzia, Elaine, and Sofia sampled appetizers of delicious gazpacho, guacamole, and chips. Maureen made a really tasty zucchini quiche sort of dish and I made a pasta Caprese salad on a stick with olives and salami in between the ingredients.
 I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such a nice group of friends! And we were all thinking about and missing our friend and most prolific knitter, Kathleen. 
Left to right standing: Sofia, Liz, Barbara, Carole, me
Left to right seated: Elaine, Dorah, Beth, Maureen, Cinzia, Elena
 I couldn't do it without you ladies! Thanks for another successful year!

And just for fun, I finished a Nurmilintu scarf this afternoon. It needs a serious blocking to open up those lace sections.
Well, now that the kitchen is cleaned up and dishes put away it's time to get back to my knitting.
Have a great week and I'll see you next Tuesday.

No comments: