Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Night Crowd

The afternoon ladies took the day off so it was Carole, Beth, Dorah, and me tonight. I finished the Mistake Stitch Scarf and added a ribbed cap to make the ensemble. The yarn is Berroco Comfort, an acrylic and nylon blend which is machine washable and dryable. The hat is a one size fits all pattern and a very quick knit on size 7 needles.
 Too bad you can't see the true color of Carole's hat. It's a warm chocolaty brown and her cables show up so nicely. 
 Look at her fingers flying as she knits another Mistake Stitch Scarf!
 Dorah is very pleased with her One Row Scarf. Cascade 220 is the yarn. We were singing the praises of this lovely yarn tonight. It is a sturdy, 100% wool, all purpose yarn that is priced reasonably well and has a great variety of colors. Gee! I sound like a commercial but we all really like this yarn.
 Beth is knitting the Barley Hat from Tin Can Knits. This design company has a nice selection of free and purchase patterns and the patterns are easily understood.
 I squeezed in a little project for myself this week. It's called Cameo and it's the second one I've knitted for myself. I just love Karin's hand dyed yarns. The blue is called Sapphire and the green is Antidote. They are both fingering weight yarn and I used a size 5 needle. I worked on it steadily and finished it in two weeks between my donation knitting.
I just can't be not knitting!

No comments: