Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Crazy weather...wear woolens or not?

The weather has been abnormally weird here lately. It was -25 degrees wind chill on Sunday and today it was 54 degrees. It rained hard enough for me to get the plans for the ark out of storage! So strange. I don't know whether to wear a winter coat or a sweater. But in spite of the weather we Chicks are busy. Barbara is working hard to prove that yes, she can count to 4! We joked about how some knitting and talking don't mix. Her Mistake Stitch Cowl is testing her patience but it looks great. Just remember... 1... 2... 3... 4. LOL!
 Beth finished that hat I showed you last week. The slouchy style is very fashionable right now.
 She has already cast on stitches for another hat. This one will be the Mistake Stitch Hat. I hope she doesn't get confused counting to 4! We all get stuck when we try to have an intelligent conversation and count at the same time!
 Carole worked on her Mistake Stitch Scarf (do you see a theme here?) and had to put it aside before she went batty with the boredom.
 She picked up her Cameo shawl for which she is using Periwinkle Sheep yarn. It's going to be gorgeous!
 Boredom struck me too so I started another Hitchhiker scarf with a merino/silk blend that is so heavenly soft. It's a joy to handle. I bought the yarn two years ago at the New England Sheep and Wool Festival and for two years I've been starting and frogging projects with it because I didn't like the combinations of patterns with the way the yarn changes color so often. I think I've finally found a pattern which compliments the yarn perfectly. I can't wait to see it finished.
I needed a thank you gift for someone and whipped up (Ha! I make it sound so easy. I knitted constantly for 10 days) a Fagus scarf, using my favorite Periwinkle Sheep Watercolors II yarn called Audrey Hepburn. 
She went out in the mail today. I can't wait to hear how my friend likes her.

No comments: