Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

They say it's my birthday!

Have I ever told you how much I love my Chicks? My husband recently had major complications following what was supposed to be an overnight surgical procedure and he had to spend 9 extra days hospitalized after an 3AM visit to the ER. He is recovering at home now and while at times he's very frustrated, he is showing signs of improvement. While he was hospitalized, I quietly celebrated my birthday with dinner for one, making my new favorite dish, a pesto pizza on a portabello mushroom. To make up for it my Chicks gave me this darling T-shirt which reads
"I Don't Do Mornings!"
Do they know me well or what?!!! LOL!
I love the fuzzy slippers and sleep mask on her head! Thank you ladies for thinking of me!
 I did a lot of knitting while sitting vigil by my DH's bedside. I worked on a different version of the Saartje booties. The original pattern calls for lots of ends and seams to be worked but some genius reinvented the pattern to make it completely seamless and knitted in the round. It didn't take me long to make the first one and I'm half way through the second already. It's a stealth gift for a friend so shhhh, don't say anything.
 I also finished a bonnet and booties to go with a baby blanket I finished a few weeks ago. These booties were knitted Magic Loop method using a size 2 needle.
 Kathleen finished the leaf blanket using Plymouth Encore wool and acrylic blend yarn.
 It's a perfect baby size blanket.
 Cinzia is making the same pattern and also using Plymouth Encore but different colors.
 And here is her finished baby cardigan. The pattern calls for snaps instead of buttonholes so I think Cinzia is going to sew dummy buttons on the front.
 Oops! I almost forgot to show you Kathleen's other finished hoodie. Another beautifully grafted Kitchener stitch at the top of the hood portion.
 Carole's Sunnyside cardigan is almost finished too. She was smack dab in the center of the back of the sweater, all smooth stockinette stitch and she encountered a huge knot in the yarn where the color abruptly changed from pink to green with no transition. DARN! We hate when that happens! She had to tink back a row and start the new strand of yarn at the buttonband edge so she can skillfully disguise the knot. 
 Beth finished her Flax baby sweater, another Plymouth Encore project.
 There's a closeup of that interesting touch to the shoulder.
 Dorah finished up the body of her little pullover. Up next, picking up the sleeve stitches and finishing it off.
We are having a slam bang thunderstorm right now. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go knit something.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Happy knitting and happy birthday!