Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

More Yarn! And wrapping up the inventory

It looks like our "Fairy Yarn Mother" visited the Chicks again! Many thanks to her for the most generous gifts of yarn! I can't wait to see the expressions on the faces of my Chicks when they see this.
 Ok, Kathleen, is that a look of "Oh boy! Look at all the yarn!" or "Oh boy! I have a ton of knitting I have to do!"?
 The ladies dove right in. It was like Christmas morning for big people!
 Kathleen and Liz set out multiple possibilities for projects. The creative juices were really flowing.
 Once everyone settled on what yarns they wanted we sat down for show and tell. Barbara finished a sweet little cardigan from the 60 Quick Baby Knits book. I think she used Plymouth Encore for this machine washable cardi.
 These sweet little mittens were also Encore yarn from the needles of Barbara. The pattern is free on Ravelry.
 Liz added another sweet sleeveless sweaters to the inventory.
And Kathleen added one too.
 Kathleen added this ensemble for our next projects inventory. Looks like she has the jump on the rest of us.
 Carole used up almost all the pink yarn on a preemie hat.
 The evening Chicks worked on labeling all our baby clothes this time. The afternoon Chicks usually do this but the evening ladies wanted the opportunity to reminisce about our past projects before they went out to comfort the little ones for whom we knitted.
 Look at all those cute little baby clothes! Our final tally was 88 items! Way to go Chicks!!!
 We had a surprise visit from my DD Amanda too. Well, it was a surprise to the Chicks, not me. She helped me sort through all those bags of yarn and organize them according to weight. Thank you Amanda, I couldn't have done it without you!
 Carole is knitting a lovely cowl for our adult projects.
 Her cowl reminds me of a peppermint candy.
 Beth is working on a cowl too. This is The Last Minute Cowl, a very easy, free pattern on Ravelry. If you can purl and knit, you can make this cowl.
 Maureen cast on stitches for this pretty hat...
 And Dorah cast on for this pretty hat. That's a beautiful shade of red!
And before I go here is one more finished project we added to the baby donations. I hunted through my button box for those three little autumn leaf buttons and had just enough yarn left for a quick ribbed hat to match. 
Now I'll have to change my mindset to knitting for adults again. My head is swimming with ideas!

No comments: