Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Warmer Uppers


Maureen finished the horizontal border on the baby afghan tonight. Now she has to pick up the stitches on the two long sides and finish those borders.
 Carole started a new hat called Lotus Hat which she found as a free pattern on Ravelry.
 It has a lovely traveling pattern.
 I finished blocking a few things this week which were finished a while back but I saved to block all at the same time. This is my favorite diagonal lace scarf pattern for bulky weight yarn. This will go into donation inventory.
 Another donation item is a fourth version of Zuzu's Petals from Ravelry.
 This cowl is called Willow also a free Ravelry pattern.
 And I finally finished Leo's birthday blankie.
 It was made with a compilation of sock weight yarns from my collection of leftover scraps and those of my knitting friends. Thanks to everyone who contributed. 
 I used a solid black sock weight yarn for the I-cord border which I thought would take forever and a day to finish. I started it last Tuesday and finished it on Wednesday or Thursday. Not long at all!
 I can't wait to give it to Leo and cuddle him up.
Now my son likes it so much he wants one to fit as a bedspread for a queen sized bed! I'm going to need a LOT more yarn!

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

Oh fun! Oh cool! Oooh, beautiful! (as I scrolled through.)

Lulu said...

this is so beautiful..