Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Stitch by stitch

This week Liz added to our inventory with this cute little gnome hat. By next week we should be able to see the slipper socks she was knitting today.
 I finished the reversible striped scarf. I used Noro Kureyon and Cascade 220 yarns. The Noro is the variegated color and the Cascade is the blue. I am still amazed every time I knit this pattern. I keep turning it over and over, not believing my eyes as I see the stripes developing in opposite directions. Try one and you'll see what I mean.
 When I'm not working on Leo's birthday blanket I knit this pattern my daughter designed. It's a shawl called "Stacy". I have a long way to go yet but I'm liking the beginning.
 Barbara added many inches to her cabled shawl and is about halfway through.
 Maureen worked furiously on her baby blanket and hopes to finish it before the baby arrives!
 Carole started a new hat tonight. She hunted through library books and found the same pattern that Beth made a few months ago. I can't wait to see another great hat finished.
 Karin worked with her own hand dyed yarns to finish a sock for herself.
 I love the color and stripes. I hope she dyes more real soon. I got shut out of the purchase by another knitter last week. LOL!
I started a cowl this week but there really isn't enough knitted to show you how it looks. By next week I should have some progress to show you. Enjoy your week and I'll see you next time!