Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Beth is back!

It was so good to welcome Beth back from her long vacation. She was in Arizona for six weeks absorbing the sights and sounds of the Southwest. I enjoyed her stories of the rodeo, especially the one about the 5 year olds who rode the sheep.
She worked on a chemo cap tonight which had a tricky cast on from the center out.
 Beth said it was kind of fiddly to work the four DP's at the beginning but it looks just fine to me.
 I finished a bunch of projects over the last few weeks. This scarf is for donation for which I used Brown Sheep yarns. The pattern is based on a Jared Flood pattern. It's a good pattern for showcasing variegated and color changing yarns.
 I finally finished a pair of socks for myself which I started over a year ago. I kept them in my knitting bag so I could work on them when I had to wait for appointments or on long car rides. Consequently, it took me a long time to finish these but I really like the colors.
 These fingerless mitts are a simple design I made up as I went along. The yarn is a blend of bamboo and acrylic and very soft which will feel comfy against the skin.
 This shawl was in hibernation for about two years. I don't really know why since I finished it quickly once I resumed knitting. The pattern is called Angel Lace from Fiber Trends. 
 The yarn is a baby alpaca and silk blend fingering weight from Bristol Yarns. It too is very soft and blocks up beautifully.
 My last finished project is the Buttonwillow shawl. 
 This was knit with a baby alpaca and silk blend yarn also but in a heavier weight. 
 Now it's back to my next project. I'm on a streak with shawls and I can't stop!

No comments: