Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Building Inventory

Sheila is showing such progress that we convinced her to start a project for donation. She is working on a denim cotton yarn "Mistake Scarf" and is doing a great job.
Kathleen finished her reversible stripes scarf and decided to start another one.
Barbara wore her handmade poncho and the Chicks admired her handiwork. This was the redux since she wasn't happy with the first version and decided to frog it and start over.
She was very busy and brought a few finished items this week.
She's looking for buttons to make a closure for her blue shawl.
Elaine finished a windowpane hoodie....
and a nice warm hat.
I finally finished the Noro sock yarn shawl and added a pair of mittens and matching hat to the inventory.
Last minute addition was my DK weight child's hat using self patterning yarn.



On a totally unrelated note, my favorite Japanese Threadleaf Maple tree was damaged in the most recent snowstorm up here in the Capital District. I am heartbroken. This tree was a Mother's Day gift to me when my children were 3 years old and 5 months old, so that makes it almost 26 years old. The weather made the trunk split right down the middle so I'm thinking I am going to have to go tree shopping this spring.
On the bright side, at least it wasn't one of the big trees in my yard that split. That would have landed on my house! Thank God for little favors!!!

No comments: