Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Warm, Cozy Knits

Elaine finished a winter hat for her granddaughter. It knit up in no time flat and looks so cute. I'll have to get her to take a photo of Alex in it to show you.

We're working on shawls and scarves for a chemo treatment center and have a bunch finished already to show you.

Kathleen finished two shawls this week and we're making button closures for them both with buttons she found in her daughter's button collection.

They are both knitted in an acrylic yarn to make them machine washable and dryable.

This little pink shawlette is being held together with a wooden knitting straight pin. I used Marks and Kattens Savann yarn. I tried to use up all three skeins and had only a little over a yard of yarn left.

This closeup shows that the pattern is just garter stitch alternating with stockinette stitch divided by a row of eyelet yarnovers.

You can see it blocking out next to my Lazy Day Lace Shawl. The blue shawl is from a free pattern offered at
http://hugsforyourhead.blogspot.com/2009/09/lazy-day-lace-shawl-free-pattern.html

I used two and a half skeins of Mirasol Chirapa 100% merino wool.
It was a very easy pattern to follow and I like the results so much I might make some extras for gifts.

Have you started your Christmas knitting yet?

No comments: