Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

The oppresive heat and humidity are gone

The last week around here has been like a sauna! So glad we had a few thunderstorms to break the heat wave. And now we can meet on the deck again.
Maureen finished her Easy Scarf. How nicely those colors blend into each other. And it really is easy!
Janna completed her Morton Cowl and a hat that makes me think of wine grapes.
Jan added a colorful hat to our inventory. It's a quick knit made with 1x1 ribbing.
Carole also added a hat to the inventory. Using bulky weight yarn makes it a quick knit too.
Dorah completed two Helix hats and a denim blue cap made with a thick, warm wool.
I had tons of bulky variegated yarn so Liz took some to make a cowl. This is another project that will be finished in the blink of an eye.
Dorah is working on her Close to You shawl. She loved the colors of the yarn when it was in the skein but now she's not too sure. I'm sure someone will love it to go with a neutral coat.
Maureen started the Beach Pebbles Cowl using a bulky yarn with lots of color.
Jan is adding length to her Easy Scarf/Shawl. Soon she will change direction of the knitting and make short rows to knit perpendicular to these stitches.
Janna added to her Easy Guernsey Hat but was confused by the directions. Many time designers will write "knit rows 1-4, repeat four times" which can be confusing to some knitters. I always have to read ahead to find out if the designer wants a total of 16 rows or 20 rows. But we put our collective brains together and figured it out.
Barbara B. picked up this pattern and yarn at the garage sale a couple of years ago and decided 
to make it.
She said the yarn is kind of splitty but I'm sure it will make a nice blanket.
I finished a couple of cowls and decided to make a mindless 2x2 ribbed hat to give my brain a rest.
The first cowl is Hepsi's Neck Warmer using a tonal worsted weight wool. I modified the pattern a bit to make a garter stitch edge instead of a 2x2 ribbing.
And this cowl is the Basket Weave Cowl I designed after being inspired by the stitch. Both cowls were knitted with yarn donated to the Chicks by my daughter.
Well, my kitty is tugging at my pants leg hinting that he should be fed, YET AGAIN! It's hard to ignore his pleading and I'm NOT the one in the family who feels sorry for him and gives in. LOL! But it's close enough to his feeding time so I'll say so long and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: