Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

The heat is back

Even with the ceiling fan blowing it was pretty hot today. But I got to spend the afternoon with my Chicks so it wasn't a bad day. 
Barbara K. started a hat, I think she said a Mistake Stitch hat. It will probably be done by next week. She just returned from a wonderful week at Lake George with her son, daughter-in-law, and her beautiful granddaughter. They had one rainy day which was spent browsing through the outlet stores.
Jan A. showed us her progress on her Easy Shawl/Scarf. The gradient yarn is from Lion Brand so it's machine washable.
Barbara B. added length to the cotton baby blanket which will gradually change colors to a deeper blue. She bought the kit for $10 at a garage sale we both went to a couple of years ago. It included all the yarn and the pattern. So that was a bargain!
Carole is using up some acrylic sparkly yarn for the Totally Biased Cowl. It's funny how sometimes a yarn which is still in a hank might not be inspiring but when you find the right pattern it becomes a stunning project.
The same thing happened with Liz's project. The yarn in the ball was just so-so but knitted up into a cowl which will be large enough to pull over your head becomes a nice garment.
Janna worked steadily on her Easy Guernsey Hat and before we left for the day...
It was done! Yes, this is the same purple hat. It's funny what lighting does to change color.

Jan A. finished a hat also. This is the same brand yarn as the cowl Liz is making only a different colorway.
And that garage sale I mentioned before...I got this Papaya themed sock yarn which I'm using to make a simple triangular shawl. I'm hoping it will show off the colors at their best. Yes, I paid $5 for it instead of $30 list price if I had found it online. Unfortunately, it looks like the shop is no longer in business so I feel lucky that I found it when I did!
My kitty is crying to be fed...AGAIN! This seems to be a pattern, no? LOL! So before he gets into mischief, I'll just say, Keep those needles clicking!
 

No comments: