Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Evening knitting

The afternoon knitters had the day off but my evening group joined me for some lively knitting and conversation.
The Baby Sophisticate sweater is drying after a thorough blocking. I'll have to think about buttons but I'm not sure what I'd like to see on it. It would be cute to have those little wooden toggle buttons like the ones on the old car coats from the 60's. Now I'm showing my age!
 I used the left over yarn to make a little hat to go with it and by evening's end...
 it was finished. Sixty-four stitches, 1X1 ribbing for an inch or so, then stockinette the rest of the way.
 Dorah had to slip a little personal knitting in tonight so she could finish before Christmas. It's a gift for someone, Denver Broncos colors.
 Maureen's blanket is almost a square now. We tried to talk her into making it car seat size because she is really tired of this pattern. But she has so much of the yarn she wanted to use it up. Knit faster Maureen! Tax season is almost upon us and then you'll be busy and won't be able to knit.
 Carole's Sunnyside sweater is showing it's cables, although it's hard to see in this shot. Take my word for it, it's darling. Carole does such a nice job!
 Margaret's hat is in the first stages of ribbing but soon it will show the ladder pattern in a contrasting color.
 She finished the sweater I showed you last week, you know, the five hour sweater that took her a few weeks.
Well, as hard as it may be to believe, we do have a life other than knitting! ;)

No comments: