Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Getting into the holiday spirit

Just before the afternoon ladies arrived I made sure the tea was ready and the Christmas carols were playing quietly in the background.
 When they did arrive they hit the ground running! Debbie, Barbara, and Elaine are working on the project I mentioned last week, the Adopt-a-family program at my son's place of business. Barbara donated the red Plymouth Encore Worsted Weight yarn so Elaine could get started on the hat, of which she had knitted a good 3 or 4 inches by the time our knitting session was over. Debbie is new to knitting but in spite of that she also knitted a few inches on her Mistake Stitch scarf for the 9 year old boy. Barbara opted to wait until she got home to start the two-at-a-time, magic loop mittens. That takes a little concentration to get started and with all the chatting we do, there would have been too many distractions. And we had a visitor this week. My neighbor, newly retired Jan, came to brush up on her knitting skills. That's her on the far left.
I had the yarn for the little girl of the Adopt-a-family program and finished the Scallo-pie scarf and added mittens and hat designed by me. I used magic loop for the mittens so they would be the exact same size with the scallops starting at the exact same row. And I found a crochet video on Youtube to make the flower for the hat. I like it so much that I might make it again with the leftover yarn.
Dorah is working on a scarf for our next donor, The Romero Chemo Center in Latham, NY. The yarn is a very nice mottled blue and denim color. It will be a good generic scarf for either gender.
Carol's hat is coming along nicely. The ribbing looks like she knit the knit stitches through the back loop so it has a nicely defined edge.
And look at Maureen's fingers flying along on her hat! You can see a bit of the chart over her left hand where the kitties will be knitted into the crown of the hat. It's going to be a cutie.
Speaking of kitties, remember the mouse I made for my grandkitty, Joules? Well.....
I'm told she loves it so much she doesn't play with any of her other toys. She loved it to the point that  it lost an eye! Look at that pitiful expression on her face. It's almost as though she feels remorse. LOL! Yeah, sure. She's saying, "Give me back my mouse!"
I guess Santa will just have to make her another one for Christmas!

No comments: