Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Finishing up some projects

We jokingly call Cinzia "Mrs. Finish-it". She offered to finish a sweater for one of the Chicks last year and now the reputation has stuck and everyone goes to her for her finishing skills. When one of the residents at the local assisted living needed help finishing a baby sweater I asked Cinzia if she wouldn't mind. It needed to have the bottom part of the body finished and the sleeves and she graciously offered to do it. So here it is all ready to go back to it's orginal knitter.
And while Liz spends the winter in Florida, Cinzia finished the button band on a little cardigan for her which will go into our inventory after it gets its buttons.
Drum roll please! Dorah finished her scarf this week! She gave me permission to show a photo of the final finished project.
                                       
And I finished the sock blanket I started on June 11, 2014 to give to my son for his birthday. It has sailed through numerous gifting holidays until I finally finished it last week. When he puts it on his bed I'll get a better photo but I couldn't wait to show you. Here are the particulars on it:
578 blocks
511 stitches per block
30 minutes to knit one block
2,265 stitches in the I-cord
31.5 hours to knit I-cord
289 hours to knit all the blocks
total number of stitches knitted 297,623
total hours knitting and blocking 321
I jokingly said if I got paid $15 an hour, this would come to $4,815! And that's not counting yarn!
I'm tired just thinking about it!
During the week I finished a few more things. My Hitchhiker for donation was knitted using a Jojoland yarn but I lost the label so I can't tell you which one.
I snuck in a personal project called Chinook. This yarn is lovely with a little gold sparkle thread through it.
Barbara started a kid's cardi, our favorite pattern.
Depending on the buttons, this nice blue yarn could be for a boy or girl.
Elaine arrived with a bag filled with finished objects, a nice burgundy hat, two pairs of slippers, and a warm cowl called Present.
Now she is working on a pink hat using a worsted weight Cascade 220.
Geri, our "Crochet Queen" has a baby blanket on the hook. The variegated yarn gives her lots of color with little trouble.
I started a Mistake Stitch Scarf a few days ago and I am almost ready to start the second ball of yarn. I think it is Berroco Comfort, a soft acrylic and nylon blend.
Carole's hat has lovely cables. She is knitting it using the Magic Loop method. I think some of the Chicks are interested in learning this method so I might be conducting a lesson soon.
And Maureen is using Cascade 220 also to make a ribbed man's hat.
She has only a couple of more weeks to finish it before her accounting duties take over and we'll miss her until April 15 comes around.
That's all for now. Next week there'll be more finished items to show you. Tune in and check it out.

No comments: