Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I am not lost!

Last Tuesday morning we met a woman at our local Panera who wanted to interview and photograph us for a paper she was writing for her graduate degree work. She sat with us for over an hour while we enjoyed telling her about our work.
 Of course we had to be knitting too. Our hands can't be idle.
 Her photography skills captured every stitch...
 And even the moments when we were thinking or...
 concentrating.
I love how we always look like we are having fun. Well, we are!


This past weekend was the New York Sheep and Wool Festival at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck, New York. I wasn't planning on going this year but my Sunday schedule opened up and suddenly I had the time to go and soak up the atmosphere.
I arrived bright and early as you can see by the long shadow. Unfortunately, I was not aware that on Sundays the fair gates open at 10AM not 9!!!
 That's ok! I brought my knitting! So I had something to do while I waited and I had a good view of the pretty trees from my car.
 It wasn't very crowded at all. When I've attended the festival on a Saturday I could barely get up to a booth to see the yarn. Not a problem on a Sunday!
 I've been attending this festival for at least 10 years and this is the first time I've seen a sheep being sheared. He was very cooperative too! Such a Big Boy!
 I wandered around the fairgrounds for almost two hours and saw everything there was to see and didn't buy a thing except lunch! Well, I really just wanted to enjoy the fall colors and breathe in some fiber fumes anyway
 When I came home I noticed my neighbor's maple tree in full glory and had to capture it with my camera. Just breathtaking! Just a few more days to enjoy the colors, if it doesn't rain.
 This afternoon we got to work labeling our items for distribution. And look who joined us!
 We were overjoyed to see Kathleen! She got lots of Chicks Hugs today.
 Busy as bees labeling our scarves, hats, mittens, cowls, and socks.
Our count was 108 items but there are still a few to be finished and added to the inventory. These items don't have our usual baby chicks label. Since they will be left out and about the Albany, New York area they have a special label.
Anyone who finds these items can take one if they are cold.  I'll let you know when distribution begins.
 It was good to get the whole afternoon gang together again!

No comments: