Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A quiet day of knitting

This week was quiet. The afternoon ladies had conflicts so we didn't meet until the 7PM group. And then there were conflicts of schedule that kept two Chicks away tonight too. But Dorah and Maureen kept me company.
I didn't get much knitting accomplished on my Mistake Stitch scarf because I was trying to knit more blocks on the sock blanket I'm knitting for my son. There are over 350 blocks on it so far and it's not even to the half way mark yet. I'm making it to fit a double bed and then I'm going to knit an i-cord edge all around. I started this last June and work on it every so often. I've been trying to knit at least a block every couple of days but sometimes life gets in the way. You know how that goes!
 Dorah swore she would never knit another Noro Stripe Scarf but here she goes. I don't know why she doesn't like it. She's doing a great job!
 Maureen started the evening working on her slouchy hat but had to put it aside when she discovered her stitch count was off. Uh-oh! That's not good! So she picked up the shawl she's making for herself which she said has to be finished for a September occasion. Knit faster Maureen!
 My sister came to visit from Connecticut but like the rest of us, she doesn't like having her photograph taken. But those are her hands holding up the project she's been knitting for the past two years. She would much rather be out taking photographs of nature. She's very good at that pastime.
Someday she'll finish this and then we can add it to the inventory.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Sometimes when the knitting is that stalled out the best thing to do is start on something new that you're excited about to get you going again. And I say this as someone who doesn't like having multiple projects at once. I love what your sister is making! And everybody else, for that matter.